Il Blog di Pensare Positivo

Social Links

Share This

Skype Status

Newsletter

Benvenuto, Ospite
Nome utente: Password: Ricordami
Benvenuti sul nostro forum Kunena!

Dì a noi e ai nostri soci chi sei, cosa ti piace e perché sei diventato un membro di questo forum. \ N Diamo il benvenuto a tutti i nuovi iscritti e speriamo di vederti in giro!
  • Pagina:

ARGOMENTO: wallpapers4screen.com

wallpapers4screen.com 1 Anno 2 Mesi fa #5787

• orefyf
  • Fresh Boarder
When apple bought next, it was an acknowledgment of the phenomenon that the mac of that historical era was coming to the end of its technological relevance. The operating system that helped start the revolution in the pc sector was outdated and obsolete, and nextstep offered a new foundation and new beginning that apple could build on for decades. And this case became os x, which is now macos.
But any stack doesn't reach infinity, and even though nexstep supported anything from intel transition to iphone formation, it also outdated. So what is apple to do? Look for the next next? Nothing goes through. At least nothing more enterprising and pragmatic that apple can provide for the next two decades.
Thus, it is not necessary to build an unconditionally new bridge thanks to a multi-year transition period, apple spends these in the same years replacing key components of the existing bridge. Pole by pole, cable by cable, site by site.
Apfs, the apple file system, replaces hfs . Metal, apple's graphics layer, replaces opengl and carries most of the other graphics and animation frameworks. Launch daemon. Window server. In turn, obsolete code and technical debt are rewritten and paid off. And with very few exceptions (such as demon detection flashbacks), they bring back absolutely everything that was old in mac to new.
Month after month, every year, the changes are harder to see. But in a few years, we will all be looking up and back and noticing that our company has suddenly entered a brand new, very fast bridge, without the requirement to do all the replacements and dismantling. In this day and age of modern, mature oses, not only is it responsible, it's great.
And this continues in 2020 with macos mojave (10.14 if you're following). There are new crowd-pleasing candies where all people can watch and many options that are regularly considered professional, but apple tries to make them interesting for everyone. Under the hood, however, mojave serves as a proving ground for one of the biggest evolutions that ever took place in apple's desktop base - support for what was originally mobile apps.
Yes.
Compatible with macos mojave
Macos mojave is a free update for:
- Macbook (early 2015 or newer)– macbook air (mid 2012 or later)- macbook pro (mid 2012 or later)- mac mini (late 2012 or later)- imac (late 2012 or later) or newer)- imac pro (2017) )- mac pro (late 2013 and also mid 2010 and mid 2012 models with recommended metal compatible graphics card) macos mojave auto-update
Macos mojave includes a new software updates panel in system preferences. In the case when you use ios, you will immediately recognize the design language. It's like updating software on an iphone and ipad.
Where in the depths of modernity you had to go into the mac app store to detect updates, now in your own space and in a much more convenient and consistent space.
You get a chance to go there to refine updates or use updates. You too have the option to set it to auto-update so you don't have to worry about checking for or applying updates.
If you're on a mission-critical job on your personal mac, you probably want to keep this movie in free mode so that you can check the reviews for updates before applying your native lashes. Otherwise, install it and forget it.
How to download and install macos mojave
Macos mojave dark mode
Of course, we function because it's like all these are boring, niche options that we like more than others. But declare dark mode, and our employees will cheer up, as if this is the second coming of emoticons. Due to the fact that our company is many and you strive to relax and look stylish but. And we offer everything that is really dark mode.
The purpose of the new dark mode interface look is to let the clutter disappear and the content stand out. Like, pop. In the old days, this limitation was the domain of professional programs, and only for creative professionals. But just as the definition of best quality has expanded over time, so has the understanding of the value that a proper dark mode will bring.
It can reduce the type of glare that sometimes contributes to eye strain and light pollution, which can end with a blow to the head with a pillow when handling a chair and in poses.It can also help you focus, or the collection you're creating, editing, or consuming, or the issues you're looking to accomplish.
It works, because mojave's dark mode is wraparound. Dark menu. Dark dock. Dark apps and protective panels. Dark keys - and backgrounds. And it also deliberately matches "light mode" so you can switch both ways without feeling disruptive.
Developers can even specify all sorts of shades and appearances for dark and light interfaces in the resource directories . . So, for example, a more light sky blue banner for light mode and a dark blue banner for dark mode. So, applications look consistent regardless of the position in which mode you are sitting.
The fact that it's so easy to switch between modes is especially cool. While i love dark mode for some professional programs and nighttime use, i find it a bit overbearing and also gloomy if i sit in this section all day. My eyes and my moon need light! So, every time i have the slightest urge to switch, i just switch and go about my personal business.
I especially like this question, because although i love dark mode for most professional add-ons and late night use, i find it a bit overbearing and at times gloomy if i sit here all day. I need my light! So, the chance to switch well makes both modes better.
To match the dark mode, apple has also added new accent shades and one of them deals with both dark and light purposes. The venerable blue and graphite are joined by red, orange, yellow, green, purple and pink. It might seem like a small thing, but being able to highlight interfaces with your favorite colors doesn't just make controls even brighter, it makes you stand out.
Something about what apple did with dark mode is obvious: if you press view, the perfume is not darker, but brighter. Sometimes people aren't so obvious: the effect of showing that the buttons are grouped together, instead of looking recessed, looks highlighted.
Windows, on the other hand, have shadows to maintain a constant depth effect . In dark mode as well as in open mode. (Though the dark mode is getting stroked around the edges to look with a very confident stroke shader to make the subscriber look curious and scrupulous.)
Also, dark mode is not the usual dark, like desaturated. . In order to eliminate conflicts, the system tries absolutely everything that is located in the yard, including system wallpapers. After which it tints the window a little - and guides thanks to their slight translucency - using medium birds and blending them with a base gray to match the color temperature of the window to the rest of the sphere, and your wallpaper. This is a dynamic mechanism that is updated as windows are moved, so the system on the air always sounds like a piece of a single whole. , Which requires little to no colorization.)
Luminance, which apple calls a bright, translucent, over-saturation effect applied to things like app sidebars, is also optimized in dark mode to support legibility. In practice, gray background elements replace white ones so that contrast remains high also at lower opacity levels.
Glyphs or monochrome icons used in almost all interfaces have also been adjusted to maintain legibility weights on a black background. Often they were redrawn, replacing the outlines with solid shapes, and the details with stubs.
All this leads to a rich and polished dark mode - for itself, something like smart invert colors on ios, for example. , In reality, it won't.
For end users, interface is about software. These are the things we look at and/or interact with every day. Change something a long time ago in the basics of the app and maybe some people will notice. Change your appearance and most of the men are not able to miss it.
Because of the circumstances, what is the interface is so extremely valuable, especially at the system level. Make it true and our hackers will love you. Make a mistake and our hackers will come after the visitors.
The dark mode in macos mojave is correct. Quite easy to do so, but elegant, fresh and also somewhat futuristic.
Macos mojave desktop & stacks
To showcase both the new dark mode and the installed light mode, apple has also added dynamic desktops to mojave. Well, at least one dynamic desktop for now.This is of course an image of the mojave desert, but it slowly changes from morning to noon to night as the sun rises and sets.
The effect works very well, i hope apple will add more dynamics. Wallpaper for the mix. In fact, i hope apple will allow designers and developers to make third-party dynamic wallpapers for both macos and ios. If we can have sticker apps, why can't we have wallpaper apps, right?
It just makes the whole system feel smoother and more alive.
To make sure you see this system, apple also adds desktop stacks.
Confession: i'm one of those people who dumps pretty much everything on the desktop and then when it feels like too much cluttered, drags it all into downloads, and leaves it buried there until a system cleanup or crash requires or mandates its removal. (I connect them in an ordered grid - i'm not a monster of chaos.)
So for me the idea of ​​something that automatically creates some kind of balance between the desktop dump and folder-uh-and-forget -it's very attractive.
Just click finder > "view" > "use stacks" and all your files will be collected in neat little stacks. By default they are sorted by type. You can change this to the date added, modified, created, or last opened, or stack them by tag instead.
After enabling stacks, any new file you drop onto your desktop will instead bend into stack, as if it had fallen into a gravity well. Try as you can - and it's fun to try! - You just can't mess up your desktop again.
If you want to see what's in the stack, hover your mouse over it and then swipe it with two fingers or click to reveal all the content .
The fact that this is broadly consistent with how stacks have worked in the dock for years is a huge plus. There is nothing better than when expected behavior matches expectations.
When i first started using stacks in beta, i was worried if having some order in chaos meant that i would escalate havoc - even dumping more things on my desktop. The answer turned out to be yes. But since i don't see it, i don't care. And it's a win.
Mojave finder for macos
The finder has a new gallery view that feels like cover flow finally graduated from college and found a job . He is big, bold, but at the same time serious. You can see the current document, image, or video in the center of the stage, while the rest of your files are in the front row, waiting for their turn.
I often switch between finder modes, trying to get the best combination visibility, density and performance - i know, choose 2! - But the gallery does strike a nice balance.
At first i was disappointed that when i switched from list view to gallery, the deck didn't keep the same sort order. For example, if i added a list sorted by date and i navigated to gallery, the deck would be sorted by name. I tried setting the finder sort option and that didn't help. In the end, after clicking everything, i realized that i should click on the deck itself and select a specific sort order there. I'd rather have the sort order stay with the last selected, universally, but i can see how others need hard sorts per state. You may not be able to make everyone happy here, but making it more obvious will benefit everyone.
Introduced a new metadata preview panel. It's most valuable with photos, where you can see all the exif data you want at any time.
The new quick action bar is pretty much the same. You can rotate, crop or annotate an image, crop audio and video, create pdfs, and even create your own automations. This is context dependent, so the exact options you get depend on the type of file(s) selected. But it does mean you can do a lot of common tasks right from the finder without having to open a single app. And because you can select multiple options, the same goes for simple batch jobs like rotating multiple images at the same time.
You can create your own actions in automator and assign them to quick actions. Thus, any routine task you perform, such as file conversion or watermarking, is always available with one click.
(You cannot create siri shortcuts - brand new voice actions and automations , debuting this year with ios 12.When it comes to new, platform-independent features, ios' lead means that macs typically get them a year or so later—see news, voice recorder, stocks, and home below.)
Quick actions also work in quick look. Introduced in os x leopard back in 2017, quick look lets you press the space bar to preview a wide range of file types. Now you can act on them at the same time.
It may not seem like much of a difference, but there's something special about freeing a file from the finder, especially an image, video, or pdf. , And seeing it on its own makes it not only bigger, but more understandable. And that makes quick actions in quick look even more useful.
Macos mojave screenshots
Instant markup, especially for screenshots, was one of the biggest hits in ios 11 released last year. It's coming to macos mojave this year, and it's very similar to mac.
The original shortcuts for screenshots are still there, but now a new one has been added: shift-command -5. It invokes a toolbar with options for full screen capture, window capture, selection capture, entire window record, and selection record.
Previously there were no universal keyboard shortcuts for screen recording. You needed to launch quicktime (or your favorite third party app) first and then start screen recording. Thus, recording the screen with just a few keystrokes and clicks is an incredible convenience.
Here's a snag: screen recording from the toolbar is only video. If you also want to record audio, you'll need to switch back to quicktime or another application.
In the options drop-down list, you can choose to save screenshots or screen recordings to your desktop or documents folder , sent in messages or mail, opened in preview or saved to the clipboard for easy pasting into any app you like.
But it's like ios 11, remember ?Thus, by default, your screenshots and recordings will also float in the bottom right corner of the screen so that you can tag or share them immediately. And, since a mac is a mac, you can also drag the floating screenshot to any app you like.
You can also just swipe it to save it to your default folder.
Screenshot pop-ups sometimes annoy me, first on ios and now on macos. It was like something was stuck to my screen, obscuring what was behind them until i tossed them aside. Other times, i find them indispensable in my sharing-based workflows.
Because macos can't read minds—yet! - I will agree that the screens will be there when i need them.
Macos mojave continuity camera
If you ask me what i most wanted to see in terms of continuity in macos mojave, i would tell you… handoff for media so i can get up, leave, and have my music and movies seamlessly switch to my iphone or ipad. But then, if you showed me the continuity camera, i would tell you… cool, but where among the blue lights is handoff for media? And, along with the simultaneous release of extensibility, helped lay the foundation for a modern multi-device and app ecosystem.
It essentially allowed you to move everything from activity to apps to cellular and telephony between your iphone , ipad, mac, apple watch, and apple tv, quickly and securely, depending on your apple id and your proximity.
Handoff allows you to start typing a message on your iphone, for example, but immediately finish it on your mac, without having to save, open or scroll at all. The continuous clipboard, introduced later, allows you to copy something to one device and paste to another as if by magic.
Continuity camera is the latest addition to the lineup, allowing you to take better, more mobile camera on your iphone, but they show up immediately on your mac.
Sure, continuity has let you airdrop photos from iphone to mac for years, but this is different. It does not initiate photos from your iphone. It initiates them from your mac.
Perhaps this is not so important. You can take a picture with the facetime camera on your mac, right? Ugh. It's not a very good camera, and on a 12" macbook it's just awful.
Well, you can always just grab your iphone and take a picture, right? Sure, but not as convenient and not as fast.
People don't know how to switch between contexts. We tend to be too distracted. And even when we maintain focus, switching back and forth still takes time and complicates the process.
With continuity camera you are on your mac, select continuity camera from the context menu, iphone lights up, you take a photo, click to use it, it goes straight to your mac and you just keep working. No need to sync and extract airdrop or photo.
This is especially useful when you want to scan documents to your mac. Now i'm just waiting for someone to figure out how i can use it to embed ios screenshots directly into the articles i'm working on in our cms on mac.
That would be so cool that i almost forgot about the egregious lack of handoff for media applications. But not really.
News, stocks, voice memos, and the macos mojave home
Stocks were part of ios 1 (iphone os 1). Voice memos were part of ios 3 (iphone os 3). News and homepage, ios 10. Thanks to mojave, all of them are finally coming to the mac.
The fact that they are coming is good. It's amazing, really. As they go, at the moment, it's a hot mess. But in the end, it could be one of the best things that ever happened to a mac.
News on mac is part of what it takes to make a service truly a service os level. For some reason, apple is fighting news in a way it never has been with music or photos. All of them are launched simultaneously on ios and mac (including tvos and watchos) and in hundreds of countries at once.
News is released only on ios and only in the us, uk and australia. And it's been stuck that way ever since. This is brutal for a service that deserves the same system-wide, cross-platform and international integration as news.
Mac is a small step forward. As far as uikit applications are concerned, this is the best done. You can even move between stories with two fingers. (You can also use the spacebar to page down and use the up and down arrows to scroll, but the left and right arrows don't move between stories the way gestures do.)
But apple needs make more efforts to make the news a proper international service. Otherwise, none of this matters, at least for most of the world. And that's a damn shame.
Stocks are... Stocks with a sidebar and business news. While news opens stories in the news app, stocks, at least for me, put everything in safari. This may be the result of me trying to use it in canada, or it may work as intended. Neither of these two features is good.
Voice memos are good to have on a mac. You could always fire up quicktime or an audio editing app and record, but basic voice recording was never their goal, and it showed. You can, and still can, get a third-party voice recorder, often with better and more convenient features, but there's something to be said for having a basic set built-in that's ready and waiting for you before you even think you might need it.
However, the best part is that voice memos are now synced via icloud, so all your recordings are always available on all your apple devices. While transferring them from ios to macos has become significantly less painful over the years, nothing beats not having to move them manually. (Now we just need a continuity microphone, right?)
Home is now on mac too, and i'm just as happy to have it as i'm frustrated with how long it took and how it turned out. Outside. When we installed siri on mac, we didn't have homekit support. When we got "hey siri" on the 2018 macbook pro, we still didn't have homekit on mac except in beta. For the last few years, i've had to reach for my ipad or iphone and hold down the power button to control it - yes, like an animal.
Mojave fixes a lot of that. Now there is homekit support and the home app. But the app is kind of awkward. The main page is working fine. However, you can't use the space bar or arrow keys to scroll.
The rooms page is a little weird. You can move between rooms with two fingers if you last long enough to overcome the super-aggressive physics and bounce animations. However, it is again buggy all the time. (At first i thought that it just didn't work, but after several attempts i managed to "unstick" it, like the rings of nidavellir.) Here too, alas, there is no arrow support.
There is a strange button that you can also click to get the weird room dropdown. This makes the switch more noticeable. Groups and zones remain as undiscoverable as they are in ios. You have to dig through the room and then through the accessory settings to even start finding these things. What a shame, because it's great.
I forgive most of these ui sins because the automation page is very clean and user friendly. It's basically an ipad page, but it's a solid one.
I know it sounds like a parent screaming about the mess in the room when the kids start cleaning it, but mac users are people too and are turning addressing long-standing feature gaps is one thing, but fixing issues that cause long-standing feature gaps is another, much more important matter.
Apple needs to do both, and starting from mojave, she does it. Sure, it's embarrassing and painful right now, but i hope it's just growing pains.
All these apps, news, stocks, voice memos, and home look like ipad versions wrapped in a mac. Specific interface elements and mouse and pointer support. And that's exactly what they are. Some for the better. Some are worse yet.
When apple first started planning an app store for the iphone, there were internal debates about whether the company should use the existing appkit for mac platform or the rising webkit web framework.
Apple decided they needed to do something new and created uikit.
Appkit has come a long way in the last decade. But thanks to the popularity of the iphone and the ios app store, uikit has skyrocketed.
Due to all that apple has done over the years with autolayout, size classes, and app sets, creating ipad versions of iphone apps were relatively simple. Even the tvos versions.
Not so with the mac. If the developer of a popular ios app wanted to port it to the mac, much of it had to be ported from uikit to appkit. Even if the developer was apple.
That's why many developers of popular ios apps didn't bother. Not even apple.
In many cases, it wasn't because they didn't want to. They simply didn't have the resources they needed to port apps, given how much work they thought they still needed to do to keep their success on ios. Yes, still including apple.
The benefit of problems that apple has to solve for itself is that it usually solves them for developers as well. And they are, even if the solution has been obvious to some for years and intimidating to others:
Uikit on the mac.
Apple is positioning it as another option for developers , along with appkit, webkit, and graphics engines often used in games and some design applications. (And, yes, the dreaded electron - chrome's localized tab - apps that are new adobe air or java apps.)
This is part of a multi-year project that many apple teams have been working on, and the result should become a promotion not only for mac apps, but for all apple apps.
Because ios and macos share the same basics, mixing uikit apps together with appkit apps is not the same as starting from scratch. But since ios and macos use very different ui paradigms, there's still a lot of work to be done.
Apple is going to make this easier by porting key uikit frameworks to the mac and adapting them for trackpad/mouse and pointer control , mac interface transformations such as traffic lights that control windows, scrollbars and resizing, and mac versions of copy, paste, and drag.
This is where news, stocks, voice memos, and home fit in in it. Apple uses them for testing in the first phase of this project.
According to apple, these are all ipad apps that have been ported to the mac with "very few code changes." To be clear. They need more changes, but mostly in the interface - in understanding the new language and how to best translate into it.
But even now, in alpha, they are much better and more resource efficient. Than electron apps - hello slack! - And feel better than progressive web apps, which still look like they're being marketed to serve program managers rather than engineers or clients.
That's more not great mac apps. Perhaps this will change over the course of the year. Or maybe what we think of as the traditional mac feel will change, as it did when we moved from classic to carbon and cocoa. And i'm sure there will be as much grumbling and rave reviews along the way.
However, the mac must continue to evolve, and with it the mac apps. It's been doing this for two decades now and will continue to do so, hopefully many more.
Again, it'll take a couple of years to get through this, but the mac app ecosystem should be even bigger thanks to this. Dynamic.
Phase ii will begin in 2018, when developers will be able to start working on it.
Macos mojave mac app store
I love the mac app store. This makes it incredibly easy to download and re-download apps on any mac i use or browse without having to worry about malware, adware, or viruses.
Historically, though, a few problems.
At first, apple essentially created it, and then abandoned it. Unlike the ios app store, which has been constantly updated since launch, the mac app store remained intact until the age of the big cats.
Secondly, mac apps are different from ios apps. Apps, and not all mac apps are allowed in the mac app store, including and especially those that don't fit into apple's isolated security model. This meant that you still had to go outside of the mas to get some of your apps, sabotaging the usability.
With mojave, apple is addressing both of these problems little by little.
It all starts with a complete redesign. It's in the same vein as last year's ios app store redesign, but not in the same style.
Instead of a few generic tabs at the bottom, there are categories at the bottom. The first is discover, which serves the same purpose as the today tab in ios.
For consistency, i'd prefer it to be called today, but it just doesn't have enough content. Through the mac app store since there is an ios app store, so the pace will be weekly instead of daily. (And calling it "this week" would be... Awkward.)
Discover is filled with the same great editorial selection, including reviews, interviews, lists, tips and tricks, and brilliant graphic design. Like today, however. That's what's important. It also now displays the top charts if you're still interested.
Other tabs: create, work, play, develop, categories ( for everything else) and updates.
Product pages are now more ios-like. There are now previews that give a much better impression of the app than stills. You can see if apps have been editorially chosen, and ratings and reviews are now easier to see and access. (And mac developers get the same ratings and reviews api as ios, so they can respectfully ask for your feedback on their apps.) Mac app store, which is very frustrating since i've been waiting for years to give away my favorite mac apps. So there is still work to be done here. But progress!
By the way, there are some internal changes related, for example, to how the sandbox handles root requests, which will allow applications such as bbedit and transmit to return to the mac. App store. There's still a lot to do here, so coda isn't coming back yet, but hopefully this is just the beginning of how the sandbox really works for most applications.
That said, it's already a huge step forward, and the new mas looks great. Now all apple needs is a ton of extra mac apps to fill it up.
Oh wait...See above!
Security & privacy macos mojave
Apple believes that your personal, personal data should remain private and confidential to you. Not because you are doing something wrong or you have something to hide, but because it is yours and no company has the right to just take it, even if the way to get it is through "free" services.
Some might argue that it's easy for apple to claim this because its business doesn't depend on the use of data, or that services are a historical weakness of the company, making them a reasonable strategic target.
Whatever. As a customer, i'm glad i don't have to pay for all the priceless personal data that i can never get back.
To protect privacy in macos mojave, apple now requires apps including their own, requested explicit permission to use the camera or microphone. (Apps have had to do this on ios for a while, but the mac is now doing a much-needed catch-up here.)
Apple also provides the same protection for the mail database, message history, safari data, time machine and itunes device backups, frequent locations and routines, and system cookies.
Now this has raised some concerns that macos mojave is turning into windows vista, specifically these new permission panels equivalent to the last generation microsoft universal access controls (uac) nightmare.
I'm sensitive to this because as much as you want to give users control, you don't want to burden them. It's annoying at best.At worst, this results in conversation fatigue, which is contrary to the very security it is designed to improve.
Personally, i don't find new requesters too burdensome. I may get used to most of them from ios, or i may not be able to do the same tasks as others who come into it more often, but they make sense to me.
I found that the finder requesting permission is opaque and potentially confusing. And, at least during beta testing, it has appeared in some unusual and frustrating places.
Overall, i think the process has gotten better, and i expect it to improve over time .
Smart tracking prevention, which debuted last year, used machine learning to try to prevent cross-site tracking. It can now also block the share, like, and comment buttons that social networks like facebook and twitter use to track you online.
Yes, apple is "closing them."
Itp will also try to prevent "fingerprinting" where companies try to track you based on your device configuration, presenting a simplified configuration that is much harder to trace. It also removes support for legacy plug-ins that could be used for tracking.
As with ios, apple is expanding icloud keychain to create new, strong, and unique passwords. Because the mac is a much more open system than ios, apple only offers this inside safari on the mac for now (and not inside apps like on ios). But it syncs with all your devices and still offers such a good experience. Basic password management that there is no excuse not to start taking better care of your personal security.
For example, the system will also flag reused passwords and make it as easy as possible for you to replace them with new, unique and strong password. To make it easier to access them, apple has also added "hey siri, show me my passwords" so you can jump straight to your account list. You can even ask for specific passwords, like "hey siri, show me my amazon password."
If your mac is set up with sms relay, it can also offer autofill for any sms security tokens sent you (if you have a touchbar, sms codes will also be displayed right there for you to tap and type.)
Macos mojave accessibility
Dark mode is perfect for those who suffer from sensitivity to light. (Although inverting colors in light mode is still best if you want everything, including the background of the content, to be dimmed.) It also supports lowering transparency and boosting contrast for those who want more clarity.
The accessibility keyboard has been improved with support for adding custom toolbars, custom resizing for any aspect ratio, improved input options, auto-space after punctuation, and auto-capitalizing the first word in a new sentence (e.G. Ios keyboard ). .
You can set accessibility for the login window directly in system preferences > users and groups, and there's a new option to switch platforms using switch control.
Thanks again to apple for not only focusing on availability for every new product, but every update for existing products.
The macos mojave compilation
Mail now has a dedicated emoji button, because emoji! In addition, suggested mailboxes help you remove new messages from your inbox depending on how you sorted previous messages.
Safari finally has favicon support after being decided not to implement old low resolution messages. The .Ico files are past and they never get back on track until now. It should have been in ice. I know. Bad rene.
In addition to homekit support for all your connected accessories, siri in macos mojave can play find my iphone alerts, answer questions about celebrities, food, and motorsports, and search for your photo . Memories and even get your passwords for you. I've complained here a few times about how long new ios features sometimes take to appear on the mac, so it's nice to see the core siri features stay the same here.
Core ml 2 - 20.% Faster for on-device processing thanks to batch predictions. And models can be reduced in size by up to 75% with quantization.
Core ml gets create ml, which makes building machine learning models easier and faster, even for non-experts.It supports vision and machine learning and can run locally on your mac so you don't need a dedicated server.
New system languages in mojave include english (uk), english (australia), french (canada) ) and traditional chinese (hong kong). There are also new dictionaries for arabic and english, hindi and english, hebrew and english, and a new english thesaurus for synonyms and antonyms.
China-specific features include traditional chinese app names and features, simplified chinese restaurant names, chinese holidays for siri, automatic punctuation for simplified chinese in dictation, the word of the day screen saver has been localized for both simplified and traditional chinese, and maps now displays the most popular restaurant meals for your hak jiu gai mein dinner enjoyment!
Japan-specific features include improved keyboard input. In particular, apple has made it easier to integrate english and latin letters into your spelling-enabled typing.
Indian features include the aforementioned dictionary, local festivals in calendar and siri, high-quality hindi dictation, and improved terminology in hindi.
Macos mojave conclusion
This year as i watched the wwdc keynote and as all the new ios features flashed by, i caught myself on that i say "finally... Finally... Finally!" Many. Ios is over ten years old, but it seems like there are so many feature gaps left to fill.
It's not that the mac doesn't have them. While ios is still catching up with some of the core computing features that macos has had since its inception, ios is evolving so fast that the mac is often left behind.
This is one of the things. Apple is working with mojave, including adding much-needed homekit support.
The other thing apple is doing is continuing years of pushing the mac into the future. And it's not trivial for an operating system fast approaching two decades, with a next-based architecture that's even older, not to mention the ancestral unix foundations that underpin it all.
It's not nothing wrong. Be old, of course. Be tried, tested and proven. But nothing from the past can truly anticipate all the needs of the future. Thus, the task of the present is to continue to evolve, maintaining the strength of what still works and replacing what will not take us further.
This is much smarter and less destructive than wait and hope that one day you can rip it all off and replace it with something new.
It still hurts a little: much of what people have been complaining about over the past few years , was not the result of apple laying down new features, but replacing the main parts of the foundation.
Earlier, it was about the system itself. Now, in the next couple of years, we'll be talking about the apps that run on it.
Yes, we still need a new mac pro and an answer about the mac mini and macbook air (maybe we will see them sooner rather than later). But when you look at the sheer amount of work apple continues to put into macos year after year, with occasional stumbles and all, it's impossible to doubt the company's commitment and love for the mac.
You won't look no further than macos mojave.
○ Macos big sur overview ○ macos big sur faq ○ macos update: complete guide ○ macos big sur help forum
Rene ritchie is one of the most respected apple analysts in the business, reaching over 40 million monthly readers. His youtube vector channel has over 90k subscribers and 14 million views, and his podcasts, including debug, have been downloaded over 20 million times. He is also a regular co-host of macbreak weekly for the twit network and co-host of ces live! And talk mobile. René lives in montreal and is a former director of product marketing, web developer and graphic designer. He has written several books and appeared on numerous television and radio programs discussing apple and the technology industry. When he's not working, he loves to cook, fight, and spend time with friends and family.
Of course, this won't happen overnight, but i see the future of macos as a version of ios optimized for the kb ui / trackpad + powered by apple arm soc. I don't see a bright future for appkit
Can i use icloud-synced siri shortcuts on macos mojave?
Rene, i'll give credit where needed, and you've written such a brief overview of mojave that now i can download it with confidence knowing everything i needed to know know to use it and be able to come back to your article, so thanks for that.
Apple blocked installation of a version of itunes that still allowed you to buy, download, and manage apps, including apps you bought but completely "forgotten" by the app store. So mojave is not for me. It seems to me completely unimportant. The new file system may be more of a risk than a benefit to my fusion drive at this point.
Dark mode is cool. Are you even tougher? Dark mode on ios! Unfortunately, there is no dark mode in ios!
My colleagues tell me that macos accessibility support has deteriorated in the last two releases, and that mojave has the most voiceover bugs at the moment. , As well as the largest number of poorly supported vo functions. At the same time, ios voiceover has been greatly improved. They believe this suggests that apple is encouraging accessibility users to either move to ios or the windows desktop, as macos is gradually being replaced by an ios-only ecosystem in the future, in line with apple's abandonment of intel and a switch to its own. Chipsets. It looks like it could very well be happening now.
We all love a good conspiracy theory, don't we? Apple doesn't force blind users to switch to ios if you seriously believe you are blind integration with social networks. I can't just share an image from the photos app to facebook or twitter anymore, and while i was happy to get the new news app, i'm completely frustrated that i can't easily share it with friends and colleagues online. Glad i only updated my mac mini and not the main rmbp system
Great review rené... Thanks. I upgraded to mojave primarily due to dark mode...Eye/vision issues; and i was so grateful for the relief he provided. However, this came at a very high cost... As the result was that all continuity functionality was lost! For example, i used handoff and universal clipboard literally all the time; and their loss has a significant impact on performance. I prayed that these most recent updates would provide a cure...No one helped. All continuity features... Still not working. Please... If you have any suggestions on how i can restore them... I would really appreciate any ideas/advice! I'm running mojave 10.14.1 on a macbook pro, ios12 on an xs max, watchos5.1 on an apple watch series 3.
Correction: great review rene... Thanks. I upgraded to mojave primarily due to dark mode...Eye/vision issues; and i was so grateful for the relief he provided. However, this came at a very high cost... As the result was that all continuity functionality was lost! For example, i used handoff and universal clipboard literally all the time; and their loss has a significant impact on performance. I prayed that these most recent updates would provide a remedy... But that didn't happen. All continuity features... Still not working. Please... If you have any suggestions on how i can restore them... I would really appreciate any ideas/advice! I'm using mojave 10.14.1 on a macbook pro, ios12 on an xs max, watchos5.1 on an apple watch series 3.
Thanks for registering with imore. You will receive a confirmation email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
If you liked this post and would like more information about besiktas wallpapers, check out our internet. Site.
L\'Amministratore ha disattivato l\'accesso in scrittura al pubblico.
  • Pagina:
Tempo creazione pagina: 0.363 secondi